Full-Stack Software Engineer
Software Engineering Role @ Hirsch & Mann
Hirsch & Mann are expanding, and we are looking for an experienced Full-stack Software Engineer to take on key client project deliverables. The new team member will be responsible for delivering code on time, within budget and within scope, as well as for working with team members in an amazingly awesome way.
You will have excellent organisational skills, excellent research and diagnostic / problem-solving skills, a hands-on attitude with meticulous attention to detail, and will learn quickly on the job. Your enthusiastic and dedicated approach to building the studio’s technological knowledge base and infrastructure will be essential to your success at Hirsch & Mann.
The ideal software engineer will need:
- Mastery of web and app front-end: (angular.js, DOM, CSS, HMTL5, Adroid, iOS)
- Data Persistence w/ SQL and NoSQL: preferably pSQL, CouchDB, mongoDB
- Masterful websocket experience including simultaneous communication to many clients
- Highly experienced in the efficient build and use of APIs
- Performance tuning experience and performance-focused code is essential (client side code will run on ARM CPU based systems)
- Meticulous attention to detail: documentation, source control management, and accurate implementation of requirements and/ or designs
- Readable, maintainable, and reusable code is essential
Essentials and Fundamentals
- You must prioritise clear communication and teamsmanship and be understanding, empathetic and firm in equal measure
- You must foster learning and guiding others as they learn
- You must have pride of craftsmanship balanced with an appreciation of profitability
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Google APIs (Custom Search, Youtube, Maps, etc…)
- Experience writing performant JS code on arm-v7 systems (e.g. Raspberry PI 2, Android, etc…)
- Experience with electronics and physical computing
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of proven working experience building software. You must have an enthusiastic approach to learning about new technologies, show a willingness to travel and work on location during install and stay calm and clear in high pressure, fast paced situations.
Studio and Culture
Hirsch & Mann is a design and technology consultancy with an agile approach to experimentation, experience and product development. We work with businesses that have the bravery to do things differently, affect real change, and explore things in a truly innovative way.
We are a tightly knit team and have each other’s back. Every one of us gets involved in many aspects of projects. Our business culture encourages learning outside comfort zones and supports continuous growth with self-set goals and budgets for learning material and courses. Flexi-time allows everyone in the company to take ownership of their time and schedules, and we dedicate time and resources to internal R&D projects that have been nominated by the team.
Our lively studio is based in Hackney and we share a workshop with our sister company, ‘Technology Will Save Us’, with whom we enjoy Monday team lunches on Broadway market.
Hirsch & Mann seeks a highly conscious, Full-stack Software Engineer to build software systems for interactive experiences and physical technology objects. These systems push technology boundaries and utilise the latest electronics, software, design concepts, and build techniques for our courageous clients.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com.
Direct applicants only – no recruiters
Closing date: 17th of March 2017