What we are looking for:
Hirsch & Mann is growing. We are working on a diverse range of exciting projects that mix between hardware and software – and are looking for a coder to join us. We have strong ties with our sister organisation Technology Will Save Us – whose focus is on education and the development of DIY technology kits. So working with Hirsch & Mann will no doubt mean there is also opportunity to collaborate with TWSU!
We are looking for someone who:
Absolutely loves geeking out with code. If its programmable, you want to know how – and then make it do something that it was never meant to! You must be very interested in creating generative graphic systems and have already made a few examples you can’t wait to share. You are very confident with at least one of the following frameworks: Toxiclibs / Cinder / Open Frameworks.
When you’re not whizzing around your IDE of choice, you get a real kick out of tinkering with hardware in your spare time. You may even have linked an Arduino to your parents grand piano and every time you call them – the piano plays the flight of the bumblebee. Oh yes, and you dream in RGB.
What will you be doing with us?
Working on a diverse range of projects with an eclectic group of people ranging from designers, engineers, fabricators, educators, strategists and artists. You will also collaborate closely with our international group of clients to realise these projects.
This is a junior to mid level position that doesn’t expect you to have figured everything out, but it does expect a real hunger to learn and do some really solid work on some great projects.
Hackney, East London – just in case you’re considering commuting from Cumbria.
Hirsch & Mann is a young business that creates large and small scale installations and bespoke products. We are looking for a solid senior producer with experience in software and electronics to join our team. We are small and dynamic and are looking for someone who is passionate to help create great projects – every time. If you feel like you are the right person for the job after reading this description then we look forward to hearing from you.
Senior Producers should have solid experience managing large-scale interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation. Extensive experience in an agency environment working with and implementing both project management and online best practices on and across large-scale engagements are a critical component of this role. All in all, the Senior Producer must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture.
* Responsible for developing overall project management strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute plans.
* Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned.
* Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organisation to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
* Ability to work across several projects with one or more junior project manager(s) or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement.
* Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritise all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals.
* Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
* Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
* Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
* Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
* Proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements; evangelize the project management methodology and project processes.
* Partner with project team leads to present work as well as participate in new business presentation opportunities.
* Lead the training/mentoring of junior project managers on Agile XP methodologies and best practices software development.
* Lead SCRUM methodology: stand-ups, impediment clearing, Sprint planning, Burndowns
* BA / BS in Computer Science or or similar field.
* 10+ years professional experience in software or hardware development as a PM
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams.
* Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals.
* Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
* Deep mobile and social media/community experience.
* Strong competencies in cloud based PM and office tools. (Google, BaseCamp etc)
• Experience using version control services to manage bugs and code bases (GIT, Bitbucket, etc)
* PMP and other project management certifications are a big plus.
* Strong experience in Agile XP & SCRUM.
* Coding experience a plus.
* Strong networking and server administration experience.
* Experience with online languages and technical best practice a plus
• Experience looking at code and being able to track and understand logic a plus
£28,000 per annum + benefits + holidays
If interested please contact email@example.com with your most up to date CV!